Cacao Powder Health Benefits
This week I would like to share with you my favourite hot drink that I enjoy mixed with Coconut or Almond milk. I so enjoy for two reasons, the taste and the amazing benefits it has for our brain and blood functions. This drink has no sugar, some people will want to add a little honey but I prefer as it is. Try for yourself?
Cacao, a component of chocolate, researchers say is “one of nature’s most fantastic nutrients”. It comes from raw cacao seeds, a product of the fruit grown on the Cacao tree (theobroma cacao). I encourage you to get an alkalising (non-acidic) form, that is both organic and in raw form.
Let’s now look at some of the known benefits as evidenced by published research:
1. As stated, Cacao can increase blood flow to our brains hence enhancing brain function.
2. Cacao contains a certain compound that may trigger weight loss, helping you to feel good and improve our moods considerably.
3. Known to have more antioxidant flavonoids than foods like blueberries, red wine, black and green teas.
4. Endorphins..Cacao stimulates the secretion of endorphins, which can produce pleasurable sensations that some people experience when running or jogging.
5. It is a source of magnesium, assisting in balancing of brain chemistry, bone health, heart beat, blood pressure, constipation and cramps.
6. Contains a sulfur component, our “beauty mineral” to build nails and hair, and will promote beautiful skin,
7. Serotonin.. Cacao can raise the level of serotonin in our brains, hence helping our moods and giving us a feeling of well being.
I want to leave you with this thought…
Being informed, you and I are among those people who have the opportunity to take control of how quickly we age, and how long we can keep & retain the power of our youth.
The Cacao seed is a great step towards achieving that..
Where can you find dense amounts of organic Cacao in the right form? ….in our newly released CELL Infuse Super Greens.
Until next week,
Let’s shine from inside out!
LifeCell Australia Team