Here are some tips of my favourite nutrients for your skin:
1. CoQ10 – By your 35th birthday, your body starts to lose the ability to make CoQ10. And CoQ10 is one of your skin’s major defences. So, applying CoQ10 directly to your skin has an amazing effect. It revives the activity of mitochondria – your cells’ “energy factories.” It boosts your body’s defences against UV rays. And CoQ10 helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, too. Try our CELL CoQ10 Complex.
2. Hyaluronic acid (HLA) – Don’t be fooled by the name, HLA is completely natural. In fact, it’s your body’s own natural moisturizer. One reason it’s so effective is because it draws moisture from inside and outside your body. HLA also helps your body retain moisture and promotes skin healing. It’s like a mini-repair kit for aging skin, found of course in CELL Renew Serum & LifeCell Cream.
3. Rose hip seed oil – When you think of rose hips, you might think of vitamin C. But rose hip seed oil is also naturally high in retinoic acid – a cousin to vitamin A. And it’s been proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars. Rose hips are also high in lycopene. Lycopene bolsters your body’s defences against the aging effects of ultraviolet rays. Our CELL Serum is based with rosehip seed oil.
4. Red tea (Rooibos) – This South-African shrub makes a delicious tea. But it’s also traditionally used as an antioxidant for skin care. In a recent human study, a red-tea preparation helped reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles by nearly 10 percent in just 30 days. Stay tuned to our blogs to see this included in our products in the future. In the meantime enjoy Rooibos tea, it is one that I enjoy to sip throughout the day.
5. Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) – The word “acid” may make you a little jumpy when we’re talking about skin care. But ALA isn’t that kind of acid. It’s a powerful antioxidant. It helps bolster your skin’s natural defences against free-radical damage and promote smoother skin. When Swedish doctors tested ALA on a group of women in their 50s, the results were dramatic. In just 12 weeks, the women’s skin was over 50 percent smoother. Use our No 1 Product LifeCell Cream to gain the amazing benefits of ALA.
To all those amazing Mums we wish you a happy day this Sunday!