The Power in Maca and Camu Camu
This week I would like to share two more nutrients that have had my attention for sometime… powerful nutrients that can assist our health is so many ways. Remember also that there are many levels of ‘quality’ in all available nutrients. Here at LifeCell Australia we have chosen to source only the best.
In recent years, Maca has gained the reputation of being a super nutrient. However, it has been traditionally used for over 2,000 years to address a variety of health conditions. It is a hearty root vegetable.
The purest and best source is grown in the Andean plateaus of Peru. This is the Maca I have chosen to use. It is full of essential nutrients drawn from mineral rich soil of the high Andes and ancient Inca have been known to worship it as a sacred plant. Some have referred to this Maca as gold.
In 1960, Gloria Chacon de Popovici, Phd. a Peruvian biologist identified four alkaloids specific to Maca responsiable in assisting hormonal issues for hot flushes, fatigue, memory conditions and mood swings. It is also noted for assisting physical strength and libido concerns.
Recognized Benefits of Maca:
1. Helps strengthen the bodies immune system.
2. Can promote mental clarity.
3. Assists reproductive health.
4. Can enhance fertility in both men and women.
5. Increases the body’s resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety and fatigue.
6. Assists minor discomfort symptoms of menopause and PMS.
7. High in iron content.
8. Can assist to normalize cholesterol levels.
Camu Camu is a purple/red berry from a bush usually grown in rainforests. It is a very rich source of antioxidants and quite powerful phytochemicals. It is a powerful botanical source of Vitamin C, recognized to be 30-60 times stronger than an orange in equivalent form. Research shows it to assist, support and enhance health, particularly immune system and mental health. It also contains beneficial phytochemicals such as leucine, serine and valine, as well as boosting levels of beta carotene, calcium, iron, potassium, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin and thiamine. All of these offer great therapeutic benefits.
Dr James Duke Ph.D. a retired Botanist who is the author of a number of books including “The Green Pharmacy” makes mention that Camu Camu is one of the most outstanding natural mood support nutrients and is highly commended as a No1 Natural remedy for traditional ailments.
Recognized Benefits of Camu Camu:
1. May assist in strengthening tendons and ligaments.
2. Can assist soreness within the body.
3. Helps organs such as eyes, brain, heart, skin and liver to keep in good condition.
4. Maintains healthy skin, hair and nails.
5. Support respiratory function to keep our lungs healthy.