How this year is flying and here we are in September, what a beautiful time of the year. I just love this time, brisk nights but warm days. We have this most amazing heritage tree near our home, it’s a deciduous fig so we have leaves falling absolutely everywhere.
Then there’s the joy of seeing the new leaves opening up, one really knows it’s spring. Here in Queensland we don’t have all the beautiful annuals we had in the South Australia but we have beauty all a round in other ways.
It also is a time of the year where many people may have put on a few extra kilos over winter, and here is my latest exercise I do nearly every day, to firm and tone but also to expand my lungs.
Why do I want to expand my lungs? I know as we age it decreases in size. The more we expand the lungs and increase our oxygen the more youthful we become. A great way to anti-age internally, and it will show externally.
So here it is…
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms out in front of you, parallel to the ground with your hands open and palms facing down.
- Inhale and pull your hands straight back toward you as if you’re rowing.
- As you pull back, turn your wrists up and make a fist.
- At the end of the inhalation, your elbows should be behind you with both hands in a fist, palm side up.
- From this position, exhale, bend your knees and squat.
- Let your arms fall to your sides and touch the ground with the tips of your fingers.
- Continue exhaling and let your arms swing up as you stand back up to the starting position.
You may notice in two to three weeks how much deeper you are breathing, but observe your tone on your arms, legs and overall body. You will love the results! Let’s share the results? Send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in good health,
Judy and the LCA Team