It can lift your mood, calm you down and help you focus – depending on the particular fragrance.
That’s because your “sense of smell” is located in your brain. It’s closely attached to your memory and can influence your mood and thoughts.
What’s more is scent has the potential to benefit not only your emotional well-being, but also your physical well-being.
Listen to this…
A German study shows that the scent of jasmine can help you relieve anxiety and get a good-night’s sleep just as effectively as the prescription drug Valium.
Plus you can lower blood pressure with the aroma of a spiced apple.
While ginger and cinnamon can help ignite passion in your love life.
That’s why more and more people are using the power of essential oils for healing.
You’ve probably heard of this treatment method referred to as aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy offers natural relief from various health concerns (both mental and physical) that life can hand you on a daily basis.
To help you find the perfect scent for you, here are some suggestions:
* To improve your focus and concentration try eucalyptus, lemongrass or nutmeg
* To get a better night’s sleep try German and Roman chamomile, sweet marjoram or ylang ylang
* To reduce your anxiety and stress try lavender, valerian or clary sage
* To give your mood a boost try bergamot, orange and rosemary
* To get energized try tea tree, basil or peppermint
Remember all scents – including essential oils – are best stored in a cool, dry place to prevent oxidation and keep them potent and fresh.
Be careful of what aromatherapy you purchase, because unless they are of a pure source,
you are diffusing toxins into the air of your home (your haven).
Have a wonderful week!